Leak & a bazillion questions...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 06:14:24 EDT

Hey, DML!

I crawled under the DAKSY last nite for the 84K oil change & it looks like
my water pump gas sh*t the bed...
Dammit... MAJOR leakage evident all over the bottom of the engine & cross
member...I read the bible & looks like a direct enuff change out...I plan to
do the change-out myself.
Anybody done this recently on the V6? How much time did it take?
What's the cost for the pump?...Is the return tube o-ring replacement
mandatory?
Anything else, other than a new WP gasket needed?
Do I really need the special tools cited in the FSM?
TIA,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed