What'dya know... Dak Service

From: SCalHOTROD@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 20:16:01 EDT

So my "check engine" light comes on yesterday and stays on. I removed my chip and it stayed on.

So in for service goes my '01 Dakota. And while I'm at it, I mention a few other strange noises the truck has been making and I mention the delayed mobility when putting it into gear.

A few hours later I get the call from the dealership...

"check engine" light translates to whole new computer...!!

The "noise" mean blown trans fluid pump and a trans that need a total rebuild...!!

Apparently my truck never had enough fluid put in the transmission..!

Good think I still have factory warranty left.

Chris

p.s. Ball joints look OK though...