Fan removal

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 08:41:59 EDT

Hey, DML...
Guess nobody saw my post on the water pump/ fan problem...So I'll post
again...
I got the fan/waterpump assembly out of the DAKSY, but I can't get the nut
between
the fan & the pump to break loose...I've got the whole thing in a big vise,
clamped on
the WP casting...I jammed an old screwdriver into the impeller& have that
wedged
against the top of the vise to prevent the shaft from turning...I've a
big-honkin crescent
wrench on the 36 mm nut, but I can't get er to break loose...the FSM assures
me it's
got a right hand thread, & there are no notches in the hex to indicate it's
left hand...
What do I hafta do? Do I hafta walk to NAPA to get the wrenches/tools cited
in the FSM?
Hep me DAKsperts!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(with a dead DAK in my driveway...)