Re: R/T rims on a Gen II - Install issues?

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 16:36:41 EDT

In article <062501c41d87$eb63e740$f95f2241@a.tampabay.rr.com>,
acellan1@tampabay.rr.com ("Tony Cellana") writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I have a neighbor with a Gen II. He wants to put some Gen III R/T (17x9)
> rims on his truck.
>
> Are these a direct bolt on, or are spacers or anything required??
>
> Thanks
> TonyC

Depends on who you ask, Tony. Some GenII's don't seem to have a problem, or
maybe their owners don't mind a little rubbing. Usually it's the fronts with
the dust covers, sometimes the A-arms rub, sometimes they don't. I'd say check
with Jeff Durling and Greg Conner (Dodgeboy) here on the list. Greg is running
them now (see pics posted a few days ago), and Jeff used to have them on his
GenII with spacers. One thing I know for sure, they look damn good on a GenII.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto