DOH! Well this explains a lot..

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 19:44:03 EDT

When I bought my truck, the guy I bought it from handed me a box with a PCM
in it. I assumed the PCM must have gone bad and this was just the old one.
Fast forward to last week when I got my Mopar Performance PCM. I got the
box and the part number sounded familiar...really familiar. I came home
this weekend for easter weekend and looked at the box the guy gave to me.
Didn't say anything about Mopar performance but I knew exactly what had
happened when I saw it was a P part number. I think my truck already has
the MP computer, lol. That would explain why it pings on anything but
premium. The PCM under the hood just had the remains of a sticker on it
that says "REMANUFACTURED" and I can't read anything else. The new PCM also
says it's a reman. Anyway, between 2001 (shipping date on the sticker on
the old box) and now, they wouldn't have changed the comptuer specs, would
they have? Looks like I'm going to have the money for the body lift and
Viper fan now.

Other news...just landed a part time gig at NAPA, don't know about the
others but this one is an Amsoil dealer. Hoepfully I can get that stuff,
along with other things, at cost instead of retail (crossing my fingers)...

Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4