Re: Re: Bleeding thy breaks?

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 09:50:13 EDT

No, they shoudl be bled fine, however the light sponginess is likely from
under adjusted rear shoes. I fought my brakes for months till I realized
that. Get the rearend off the ground and pull the little black rubber plug
from inside the back plate on each side. Using to small screwdrivers you
can then adjust the "Auto Adjuster) to move your shoes out to actually
contact the drum. There should be some resistance when trying to turn the
wheels by hand. If the spongineess continues bleed again witht he shoes
adjusted out.

HTH

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red