Re: Ceramic coating of headers.

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 07:25:30 EDT

Pro's - Will last many many more years than non coated headers. Keeps the under
hood heat down. Because they do not transfer heat as quickly, in theory anyway,
the gas velocity stays higher and will improve power.

Con's - Cost

Cost - anywhere from $150 to $190. Jet-Hot has an on line quoting service so
you can get an exact price. If you have some one local you could save shipping
costs (both ways) which can amount to $50.

There are a lot of outfits that do this, Jet-Hot is the most well know, do a
web search for your area then ask around at the local cruise nights about there
work.

The appearance is not always the same from outfit to outfit. Some will be a
dull/satin finish, others will almost look like chrome, some outfits offer
colors.

Yes you can do rusted ones. An outfit in NH had a really badly pited header
that they did from the collector about 1/2 way up the tubes so you could see
how really rusted ones would look on display at WofW a year ago. You could
still see all the pitting but the material was on there and didn't look like it
was going to come off.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4