Re: Ceramic coating of headers.

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 11:47:12 EDT

In article <0F45A7A5E62CD211B8CC0008C7A402F0213E536B@ftwntexmp002.bnsf.com>,
Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com ("Mallett, Donald B") writes:

> I'm getting a set of headers for my 4.7. I'm thinking of getting them
> ceramic coated. I have some basic questions about doing it.
>
> Pros?
> Cons?
> Cost?
> Who and where?
> And any other info about it.
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> *-------------Y2KOTA--------------*
> Don Mallett
> Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
> http://www.y2kota.us
> *-If you can't Dodge it, RAM it!!-*

Don, definitely spend the extra money on the ceramic coat. You will be glad
you did. It is a tad expensive, but worth it in the long run. I'll bet you
can get it done locally in DFW and avoid the shipping costs, but I don't have a
who/where for you. Maybe Harry's Hot Rods over in Grand Prairie, or the
4wheelparts stores (http://www.4wheelparts.com/). Jet-Hot is probably the most
well known coating, but there are lots of others. The finish lasts and keeps
underhood temps down. We know how important that is here in Texas! I've yet
to see a painted, chrome, or nickel "industrial" plate that lasts on a header.
10 years down the road, you'll still be proud to lift your hood and show your
headers with the ceramic coat. I know several DML'ers that have them, (Richard
Pyburn, Michael Clark, TonyC), and they all love 'em.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto