Re: "That thing got a Hemi?"

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 23:10:04 EDT

On Apr 14, 2004, at 00:09, Barry wrote:

>> oilburner for me........
>> --
>> Mike Maskalans
> >>>>>>>>>>

> Er, don't you live a little too close the great white north for an
> oilburner? I had always thought that if your winters got below
> freezing, a Diesel was problematic, or has that changed?

winter blend fuel and tank heaters go a long way towards making that a
non-issue.

I've seen plenty of gassers not want to start below zero, too - and
it's not until that temp that you'll really start having trouble with
diesel. Of course if it's southern fuel, and you head north, you can
get yourself in deep shit..... but that's why you can buy anti-gelling
additive to put in yourself too.

basically, it's not the problem it used to be with modern additive
packages.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 360 (parked)         98 Dakota CC 318 (Fixed!)