Re: Help!! engine trouble code

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 09:33:47 EDT

At 09:42 PM 4/17/04, chad wrote:
>I have been have been getting engine code P0753
>for a while now. I have replaced the O/D solenoid,
>Tran governer transducer sensor (not sure of the name
>but its close), and also the speed sensor for good measure.
>what are sensors in the tranny that are causing the code.

It could either be an open or shorted circuit in the O/D solenoid
or its circuit. How you determine which one I don't know.

If a shorted condition, look for a blown fuse.

If a open condition, you'll need a scanner capable of doing
bi-directional tests so as to manually operate the solenoid.
If the test works then suspect a faulty solenoid. Most
likely not the case since you've put a new one in. If test
works then suspect a circuit fault.

Sure hope that it's a shorted condition.

Bob