Re: DML:Diesel in a Dakota

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 11:06:52 EDT

Diesel vehicles are very popular in many parts of the world except the US.
The 2.5L TD used in the Brazilian market is simply too small for any real
performance in a 4000+ lb. truck. IMHO, the Cummins IB4 (3.9L) would be just
about right, if not still very slightly on the small side. I would love to
see a diesel in a Dak for those of us who use our trucks to tow a pretty
considerable load. Of course DC's answer to that is "buy a Ram"!

John