Re: DML:Diesel in a Dakota

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 16:50:50 EDT

The 3.9L Cummins is available from the factory with 170HP & 420 ft lb..
That's not too underpowered.. Add in a few mods.. like they do to the
bigger motors.. and I'm sure it'd pull just fine. I have a 2.5L gas and
have carried 3000# loads, pulled over 6000# trailers.. all with no power
problems. I'd just like more.. not to mention I'd love to see what kind of
mileage I coul dget with a 3.9L Cummins in a Dak.. It's extremely
aggravating to see guys with 1T Cummins Rams getting better mileage that I
do with my 4cyl.
Aaron Wyse