Trans Pan Drain Plug?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 12:02:24 EDT

Don:

I installed a similar drain plug 4 years ago in my Dak that I got from
Summit. It has never leaked and sure was convenient when I next changed
the fluid and filter. Much better than the first time I changed the fluid
and filter and had to let the fluid run out one side of the pan.

Richard in San Antonio

> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:18:33 -0500
> From: "Mallett, Donald B" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com>
> Subject: Re; DML: Trans Pan Drain Plug?
>
> Subject: DML: Trans Pan Drain Plug?
>
> <SNIP>Speaking of trans issues... I just picked up some AFT+4 and
> an
> preparing
> to change the fluid on the Ram's 46RE...I also picked up from work,
> B&M Auto Trans drain plug kit. Consists of a bolt with a threaded
> plug
> that goes into a 1/2 inch hole you drill in the fluid pan. Comes
> with a
> nylon washer. Mike, I remember you trying to install a drain plug
> in
> your trans pan and having it not work so well - don't remember how
> you
> tried to do it. Was it with a kit? Anyone know how well these
> things
> work? I don't feel like having to replace my trans pan if this
> isn't
> going to work.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!