Re: DML:Diesel in a Dakota

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 09:58:32 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> On 4/18/2004 8:21 PM, Michael Maskalans wrote:
>

> | On Apr 18, 2004, at 16:50, Aaron Wyse wrote:
> |
> |> It's extremely
> |> aggravating to see guys with 1T Cummins Rams getting better mileage
> |> that I
> |> do with my 4cyl.
> |

> | ain't that the truth!
> |
> | I get 12 around town and 15.5 on the highway, with 2/3 the horsepower
> | and a quarter the torque, and they'll pull 17-20 any day of the week.
> | sigh =)
>
> You gotta get all those transfer cases out of your bed. I never saw
> mileage that bad w/ my '99. And the '03 is even better.
>
> - --
> - -andy

It's not just that, he also would need to start driving like an old
man.. My mileage on my 99 varies by 5-8 mpg depending on my driving
style. If I drive normally, around town, I get 10-12, If I drive like
an Old man, on the highway, I get 16-18...

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com