Re: Diesel In a Dak? heh NOPE!

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 16:55:29 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> jndneff@texas.net wrote:
>
> :> I just got off the phone with Cummins - ball park figure for that 3.9L 4
> :> banger oil burner is $9500 - with no harness, alternator, starter,
> :> electronics of any kind - and 170 HP@ 200 RPM. Freight shipping would
> :> be about $200.
>
> : You could always buy a used one in need of a rebuild. That's what I've been
> : considering.
>

> There are also "remanufactured" engines available, from various
> engine rebuilders and I think from Cummins also. I don't recall
> what the prices were now, but it was a heck of a lot cheaper than
> $9500. A google search will no doubt turn up several outfits.
> (Or if you happen to talk to Cummins again, ask them about
> remanufactured engines, rather than new.)

FWIW,
a reman $$ + core $$ = same as a new engine.

its best to look for a wrecked truck
and buy the engine.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)