Re: Diesel In a Dak? heh NOPE!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 22:01:05 EDT

On Apr 19, 2004, at 16:55, KenCo wrote:

> FWIW,
> a reman $$ + core $$ = same as a new engine.

unless of course they're not picky about what they'll take as a core -
those places are true gems.... and probably nonexistant in the heavy
diesel field.

> its best to look for a wrecked truck
> and buy the engine.

or the whole truck, and part it out yourself, depending on the
condition. My eyes are peeled for something whose engine I can take
along with the transmission, electronics, transfer case and axles.

Generally they've been in severe frontend collisions or have rolled, so
the axles aren't even close to straight, so that's kind of a stretch.
I'm still crossing my fingers for a nice jackknife or passenger side
broadside in the perfect place - for the perfect price ;-) that'll
happen. I'm sure. probably tomorrow (when I don't have the money for
it!).

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 360 (parked)         98 Dakota CC 318 (Fixed!)