Re: "That thing got a Hemi?"

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 20:33:47 EDT

Your right on the cold fuel bit. Actually, you can run a modern diesel
on normal blended fuel as long as you put an anti-gel additive in it
such as ones from power service. I own two VW TDI's currently besides
the dakota as well as having one that was traded in for one of the
newer ones. A New Beetle (wife's) and a Jetta (mine) Great engine and
fuel mileage. I am also a member of the TDI club on the 'net. Great
forum and info out there. Since the Passat is going to be here very
shortly I am considering letting the Jetta go for that one. Cool thing
about that one is since it has a newer design engine and more HP and
torque the diesel is actually faster than the V6 in the Passat. sure
the V6 will take it after about 70 but I am not going to be doing
100mph when I drive.

Anyway, I would have loved to have a diesel in the dak but it's not in
the cards. Next best thing for me is to get a Toureq with the V10
(actually would prefer the V8) and have the best of all worlds. Great
tow capacity, fuel mileage and power (325hp 535 torque and 0--60mph in
6.5 sec.). I know some of you don;t like it but I have no qualms.

You won't get my Gen II dak form me no matter what, though.

Jeff Durling