Re: "That thing got a Hemi?"

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 09:53:06 EDT

A while back I was researching the pros/cons of TDI Jettas for my
spousal-unit. This cold diesel topic came up quite often. The general
concensus was that cold is not a problem for modern diesels in areas
habitable by humans as long as the proper regional fuel blend was used.
Don't get warm-weather diesel too cold. I would be willing to bet that this
rule is applicable to modern diesels across the board regardless of make.

If Daks came with a small 4-cylinder Cummins and a manual trans, I'd be on
that like an alto on a twinkie. I'd bet that the capabilities and price of
such a Dak would be close to that of some of the Rams, and thus cut into
sales of those, however.