Re: Diesel In a Dak? heh NOPE!

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 01:56:10 EDT

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:22:39 -0400, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Either that, or put the engine in the bed, and use a marine
>style V drive unit to get the power to the rearend. :-) (I
>saw something similar to that on a Monster Garage, but I don't
>recall what they were building at the time.)

Hmm... Interesting idea. You'd have to work something out for the
transmission, if course, as marine drive systems don't have multiple
gears (at least not usually, and definitely not in the automotive
sense).

And then would come the daunting task of making it a 4x4.

Sounds like a fun project if I had the $$$ :-)

-Bill