Re: 45-RFE pan gasket - Josh's garage.

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 10:17:37 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:

> ""Pindell, Timothy"" <TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU> wrote in message
>
>>I agree, Dave. I use RTV all over the place. ...
>>I'm usually never in a hurry. YMMV.
>>
>>Tim
>

> That's where our situations (and techniques) differ. I'm usually doing
> these types of maintenence in my driveway, and I don't have another vehicle
> that I can drive. Plus, I'm moving into a condo (and a measly assigned
> parking spot) that won't really allow me to do all these sorts of
> maintenence things. They're ok with a tuneup or something, but they told me
> not to get crazy.....

When I was in the Army, I had a couple of friends that used to go 1/2 and
1/2 on a 12x16 [or some such size.. big enough to fit a full size ford
truck and a tool bench] mini storage unit that they used as a "garage".
[the army wasn't really fond of frame off restorations in the barracks
parking area, either] They'd each pay like $30 a month or so, and used to
"schedule weekends" or just call each other. I would think if you get a
group of 3-5 guys togeather, this could be a really cheap "garage /
maintenence area" for condo dwellers.

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com