Re: Diesel In a Dak? heh NOPE!

From: Kenneth Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 11:02:55 EDT

> If it's going to be a 4x4, I suppose you wouldn't even need the marine V
> drive. Just mount the transfer case backwards. Of course, you'd need to
> use the offset axle in the rear instead of the front. If you used an
> Atlas t-case, you can pick one axle or the other to get power, otherwise
> you'd have front wheel drive on the street.
>
> No, it's not a very realistic idea, but as long as we're dreaming... :-).

Now normally I'd say the idea of a front wheel drive truck might be good
since that is where most of the weight is. BUT we just put the engine in
the back of the truck, moving all the weight to the back. DOH!!!!

Kenneth M. Berntsen
20?? Dakota QC 4x4 Turbo Diesel ;)
2000 Dakota QC 4x4, 5.9 V8
1996 Dakota Sport, 3.9 V6 (Retired)