Gotta Love Vortech

From: TJG (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 02:12:26 EDT

I got the SCer on around 2PM today.... started it, checked for leaks,etc....
and took it out for its first run, over to my freinds house to drink a few
beers and stuff with the wives to see thier wedding photos.... THIS THING IS
AMAZING. There is not a bit of difference from idle to 2000 RPMs, but after
that this thing comes on strong, and pulls like a scolded dog from 2500
on.... If it doesnt shave off at least 1-1.2 sec of the quarter it will
be crazy, it pulls that hard. It sounds insane too, even with the super
quiet. I cannot go WOT yet becuase I think the Mopar PCM is adding to much
timing at that point and giving me a fair amount of detonation, but I will
solve that when I get the Crane on this week or the next. I have a nice
shiny Summit battery box to put the battery in the bed, and will be getting
some nice distribution boxes to land all the wires. It was $2950, to the
door well spent........ Later this winter the hood will be modified to use
as the intake, and I will have some custom AC lines made to make room for
that box. Budnik Magnum wheels this fall, and I will be searching for a
9-1/4 RT rear with disc brakes as well... after this motor goes, it will be
time for a 408, or a 360, depends on how crazy I really think I need to
go.... I didnt get any of the normal boost hick-ups that some trucks get
when they freak out over seeing the boost... all in all, after all the cuts,
banged knuckles and harsh language, Im pretty damn happy.

TJ
dakota52318@toad.net
1992 Dodge Dakota 4X4
3.90 Gears, Long Bed