Re: UHaul trailers?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 09:56:16 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> On 4/26/2004 9:36 PM, JAMES KNOX wrote:
>
> | Andy, My Dak Flipped on a Uhaul trailer, drive it latter.
>
> Well then! That may be enough to instill fear into my heart about this
> stunt.

What Jim neglected to mention is that he had his Dak loaded on the
trailer bass-ackwards (nose of the truck at the rear of the trailer).
U-Haul may not be geniuses, but there is a reason they say to put the
heavy end of the vehicle forward.

I assume you've checked U-Haul's site? They tell you all the max
dimensions for their trailers. There's a safety margin already figured
in to those measurements. While you could probably get a slightly
larger vehicle on there, they often won't rent to you if they find out
what you're up to. Liability and everything.