RE: Defending 3.9L (WAS "Found 3 mpg")

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 09:00:08 EDT

I was by no means trying to start a flame war. But if I read it right a guy
was getting mid 20 mpg in a Ram with the 5.9L and I've just never heard of
5.9s getting out of the teens. I'm glad to hear that at least one person is
getting 20 out of a durango but I was just wondering about the mid 20s out
of the Ram 5.9L. I love my V6, reasonable power and low 20s on mpg on the
highway is nice, upper teens in town. Like i said, not trying to start a
war, I just don't see a heavy ram, pulling mid 20s with a 5.9L.

Here's the sentence I was interested in:

"I have a friend with a late-model Ram club cab with a 5.9L and he gets
mid 20's out on the highway it's embarassing.
If any one is looking to buy a Dakota, AVOID THE 3.9L at all costs!"