Re: RE: Defending 3.9L (WAS "Found 3 mpg")

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 21:22:54 EDT

Well whats so heavy about a ram vs a durango? The durango does have more
body then the ram, and you must remember that passenger vehicles are geared
more for driving then the way trucks are geared for pulling heavier loads.
It all reverts back to what they put in the gearing and what the final tire
diameter is of the vehicle being tested. Just because you run 35's, doesnt
mean you have to get 5 mpg, there is always something to help you, change
the gears to 5.xx and at least go back to double digits maybe high teens..
Its all in what you want... If you run 35's and keep the stock gears you
will eat gas, whether you have a 4 banger ina zuki or v10 in a ram....

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red