Re: DML:Rear brake conversion

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 15:19:09 EDT

I have no doubt! But what else is different between your 99 and 03? Just the
age of the two vehicles (how much the suspension is worn), tires, improvement
in pad materials etc all contribute to braking performance.

With a nose heavy vehicle like a pickup 80-90% of all the braking power comes
from the front wheels so even a 50% improvement in braking capability of the
rear brakes can at the most make a 5-10% overall improvement. Just ask someone
that rides a motor cycle how well they can stop using just the rear brake
compared to using just the front.

The point is that your $600 dollar or so investment in a disk conversion for
the rear would make a much more dramatic improvement if spent on upgrading the
fronts.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4