Re: Re: Extreme Velocity air hat fits!

From: jndneff@texas.net
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 15:49:40 EDT

> Ordered the black one for myself. I like my Paxton airhat...but hey, ya
> gotta try something new once and a while. :)
>
> - Bernd

I drove the truck this morning, even with the valve cover vent hose blowing in
the breeze. Butt dyno says the new hat flows MUCH better than the stock piece.
You can really hear the intake when you open up the throttle so those of you
who like engine noise will be impressed :) Off the line throttle response is
slightly improved. Top end seems to have improved some as well but it's kind of
tough to tell for sure since I haven't driven the truck in nearly a week. The
hold down nut is rubbing the under hood felt a bit, but it's off to the side of
the hood support so cutting a small hole in the felt, if I feel like it, will
provide all the clearance I need.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html