Re: DML:Rear brake conversion

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 15:05:34 EDT

First prices you receive from the after market manufacturers have no real
baring on what the manufactures cost is for parts.

As far as a $60 price differnce not making being important to a manufacturer!
That is a huge cost differential that could amount to millions of dollars over
a years worth of sales. In my 30+ years as an engineer those kind of numbers
would be a very very significant driver of decisions.

As I said before it's all about postioning and preceptions from the marketing
folks that drive much of what the engineers design and manufacturing builds.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4