Re: Re: Blower motor noise

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 21:19:02 EDT

On Sat, 01 May 2004 19:58:31 -0400, fasstdak@hotmail.com ("Bernd D.
Ratsch") wrote:
>Bill,
>
>The doors aren't anywhere near the blower motor. I tear the A/C boxes apart
>on a regular basis at work (and put them back together of course). Pull the
>motor out and wiggle the actual cage back and forth. There should be very
>minimal play (if any) in the motor.

Good to know about the doors. Unfortunately I think this will be
something I have to take the truck to the dealer for. Unless this is
another case where there's a much easier way than what's listed in the
FSM, disconnecting the A/C lines is way over my head. I don't even
want to think about what that's going to cost.

>One other item that may cause noise problems are leaves in the blower motor.
>While there really isn't any way to completely prevent this...Please, CLEAN
>YOUR COWLS OFF whenever you open your hoods (this is for everyone reading
>this). Main reason being is that the leaves will eventually fall into the
>outside air duct and then into the motor...and warranty does not cover acts
>of nature or foreign material in the blower motor.

I clean the leaves off any time there are any there. I don't think
that's what is in there, but I suppose you never really know. Out of
curiosity, I wonder why they don't put something there (a simple strip
of window screen would work) to prevent leaves and other debris from
falling in without really restricting the airflow.

-Bill