RE: Torque Straps for '92 Magnum (Was: Re: Engine mounts and engine rocking.)

From: Steve Mills (srm804@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 02:07:39 EDT

I replaced my motor mounts twice on my old 92 2WD. They dry out and break.
You should have a bracket on that mount that stops it from going too high.
Four to five inches is alot of movement.Check your fan and shroud for
dammage. An easier way to stop this from happening again is to drill a hole
through the new one and install a bolt with a double nut. Double nut it
because you want the bolt loose but not able to come apart. Leaving it loose
will stop any vibration in the chassis. Be sure to replace both sides. If
one is dried out then the other is also.