Re: Torque Straps for '92 Magnum (Was: Re: Engine mounts and engine rocking.)

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 10:10:02 EDT

In article <c74l8j$bv$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, ded74@yahoo.com ("Dave Downing")
writes:

> Not sure if you have similar mounting points, but a bunch of us R/T guys are
> running homemade torque straps made from a few bolts, and eye bolt and an
> adjustable tensioner. TonyC can probably rattle off the part list from
> memory :) I copied his notes and made my own, works great. If he doesn't
> chime in, I'll try to find the list at home next week (if I still have it).
>
> -Dave
> '02 FR RC R/T
>

> "Dan Kramarsky" <dkramarsky68@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > well its pretty much certain i got a bad motor mount on the drivers side.
> i had my wife
> > power-brake it lightly while i watch the motor and the damn thing buck
> about 4 to 5" !!!
> > pretty much explains the coolant bottle and the Y-pipe brakin loose :)
> >

> > when i replace the moutn mount i also want to re-inforce it.
> >
> > so anyone have some good ideas of how to simple but effective torque strap
> on the '92
> > chassis with V8.
> >
> > are we talkin stainless steel cable from like a yacht/boating supply house
> and some
> > turnbuckles and Grade 8 bolts to the heads and frame -or- polyester
> webbing from like
> > from a old seat belt or something.
> >
> > any ideas/experiences would be appreciated.
> >

> > -dan
> >
> > =====
> > Dan K.
> > '92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.92 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.
> >
> > Mods: Trans-Go, APS Precision's 2400 stall, cool air induction, K&N
> filter, Autolite 3924s, & re-located IAT sensor.
> >
> > Future: 180* stat, MP PCM, Stage 1 T.B., HER1418AL Cam, 3" Gibson
> exhaust, March pullies, electric fan, and head porting.

> > Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
> > http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

Yep... give TonyC a shout on this one. (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com) He's got a
real effective piece on his race truck from Home *cough* Depot *cough* ugh, TC
Motorsports ;) I know it has worked for him through plenty of trips down the
track. Nice part is, unlike most of the stuff Tony fabs up, it's not even
ugly!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto