Re: Torque Straps for '92 Magnum (Was: Re: Engine mounts and engine rocking.)

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 01:27:14 EDT

Not sure if you have similar mounting points, but a bunch of us R/T guys are
running homemade torque straps made from a few bolts, and eye bolt and an
adjustable tensioner. TonyC can probably rattle off the part list from
memory :) I copied his notes and made my own, works great. If he doesn't
chime in, I'll try to find the list at home next week (if I still have it).

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T

"Dan Kramarsky" <dkramarsky68@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> well its pretty much certain i got a bad motor mount on the drivers side.
i had my wife
> power-brake it lightly while i watch the motor and the damn thing buck
about 4 to 5" !!!
> pretty much explains the coolant bottle and the Y-pipe brakin loose :)
>

> when i replace the moutn mount i also want to re-inforce it.
>
> so anyone have some good ideas of how to simple but effective torque strap
on the '92
> chassis with V8.
>
> are we talkin stainless steel cable from like a yacht/boating supply house
and some
> turnbuckles and Grade 8 bolts to the heads and frame -or- polyester
webbing from like
> from a old seat belt or something.
>
> any ideas/experiences would be appreciated.
>

> -dan
>
> =====
> Dan K.
> '92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.92 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.
>
> Mods: Trans-Go, APS Precision's 2400 stall, cool air induction, K&N
filter, Autolite 3924s, & re-located IAT sensor.

> Future: 180* stat, MP PCM, Stage 1 T.B., HER1418AL Cam, 3" Gibson
exhaust, March pullies, electric fan, and head porting.