Re: OT new virus

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 01:17:08 EDT

On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:56:18 -0400, Bill Pitz wrote:

> Sorry for the rant. I'm tired. :-)
>
> -Bill

I hear ya Bill, and totally agree. I don't deal with tech support or
anything like that, but I'm the "IT guy" for my parents.

This is the jist of a phone call I got today:

"AAAAAAAAH! Kyle, have you heard about the new virus that's going around
and infecting loads of computers!!!"

"Yeah, I downloaded the update that prevents it a week ago."

"Oh, good..."

Best part is, my dad's work got hit and it took down a number of machines
there - the gas utility, no less. They are an all-M$ shop, and worked
closely with microsoft to get their systems set up. You'd think that they
would have a more rigorous update schedule, but no.