Re: Re: 8 1/4 diff prices (Texas guys)

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 14:03:15 EDT

In article <BAY9-DAV3XItMcx4vvs000004ec@hotmail.com>, fasstdak@hotmail.com
("Bernd D. Ratsch") writes:

> Anywhere from $180-$300 for the unit and about $250 on the gears.
>
> Austin Driveline upgraded mine to the 8.25" H/D DANA + 3.90:1 gears (and
> labor/tax) for $800 almost three years ago...their price has only gone up
> about $100 max.
>
> - Bernd

Hey Bernd, I was hoping you'd respond to this one. :) Any difference in the
HD unit physically that would cause me any probs? Width, spring perches, etc.?
 Or can I grab one out of a Ram and slap it in? Rebuilding my existing unit is
cost prohibitive thanks to all the press-fit stuff that eats up shop time.

Thanks,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto