Re: Hey all, rehash, speakers...

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 12:54:43 EDT

In article <000f01c433c7$610f07e0$a858b0d8@bill>, billday@consolidated.net
("Bill Day") writes:

> Thanks for the info, but im not after a hard hitting system. That's what
> the wifes car is for, I just want some good fitting speakers that can
> handle an amp without havign to cut out the holes in the side panel rear.
>
> The main thing is for us to be able to crank it up down by the river... so
> whats the speaker size(factory) of GenII Daks rear seat(CC)?
>
> Bill Day
> billday@consolidated.net
> http://users.consolidated.net/billday/
>
> A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
> give..
>
> AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
> '95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red

5x7 is factory, and some 6x8's will fit. I've heard you can jam a 6x9 in
there, but have yet to see/hear one. Probably looks like ass... hehehe. On
the low price end (but good quality) I've seen the Polk Audio stuff on sale for
pretty cheap. About 60 bucks for a pair at Best Buy or Circuit City, whoever
is whoring them that week. ;) Real nice sound for the money. There's always
Pioneer, Sony, and Jensen, too. Watch for clearance stuff at Wal-mart there.
A lot of times, they just change model #'s for the year, and you can get a damn
good price on them.

When I was shopping for new speakers, the best sounding (to me *disclaimer!* my
ears) higher end was Cerwin Vega, Alpine, and Infinity. You start getting into
150 a pair for those. Paying that much money for a pair of 5x7's, I could have
gone big and got boxes with 10" woofers to get some real bass for about another
100 bucks. You mentioned going to the river and having some tunes.... I had my
truck boxes wired with about 12 feet of extra Monster Cable so I could drag
them out of the truck for the exact same reason. Stick 'em on the roof, in the
bed, whatever. New Sony deck has a remote (that I thought was totally useless
until then). I'm getting on a rant defending my boxes..... so back to your
question. If you're set on going with the factory setup using an amp, I'd look
at some 5x7's/6x8's from Polk, Cerwin Vega, Alpine, and Infinity!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto