Re: My 360 V8 MPG Numbers!!!

From: Bill Knight (billk5008@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 06:56:39 EDT

This is why the recomend figuring gas mileage over 2 or more tank fulls.
Also I believe each tank is rated for what the tank itself will hold while
also allowing for a given airspace in the tank. Now add that length of
downtube from the filler to the tank. I know when I fill up myself I take
it to the top of the filler spout, expecially when I'm on a roadtrip. I
have gotten 19MPG on my 360 Durango and have been tracking every fill up I
do. If I do not fill up I combine the gallons and miles along with the next
true fill up. Now the only times I do get 19MPG is when I'm driving only
highway and cruise set around 65-70MPH. Granted each vehicle is different.
But it is possible. I also admit comparing a Durango to a Ram is like
comparing apples and oranges.