Re: My 360 V8 MPG Numbers!!!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 16:09:02 EDT

On 5/10/04 13:43, "Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

>> I traveled approximatly 250-260 miles - I regret I did not check the
>> tripometer when I got off the expresway. But based upon previous trips
>> - that is about right. I had slightly over half a tank of gas remaining
>> at the end of that trip. Now I didn't refill until I was on empty -
>> well into Friday night - by that time I had burned up the other half of
>> the tank in lots of stop and go city driving and that murdered my fuel
>> economy.
>>
>> According to specs I have a 26 gal. fuel can on the Ram. Based upon that
>> I estimated what my economy was prior to evaporating half a tank of gas
>> in $hitcago. Here is what I found:
>>
>> 13 gal of gas (approx half a tank) divided by 255 miles (estimated
>> miles) = 19.6 MPG!

Well if I did math that way I'd get great mileage too. The fuel gauge is
not linear - the top "half" of the tank is a lot bigger than the bottom
"half".

About twice as big from what I've seen - I can get about 200 miles on the
top, but hit E at 300 miles (on my *best* mileage days - my range is usually
250-260 miles)

That would make for 255/17=15MPG
This is a number I can believe. Unlike almost 20.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech