Re: Hybrids aren't all they're cracked up to be

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 17:17:18 EDT

On Thu, 13 May 2004 09:32:32 -0400, andy levy <andy-dml@levyclan.us> wrote:

> http://www.wired.com/news/autotech/0,2554,63413,00.html
>
> People are finding that the claimed EPA mileage isn't even close to
> reality on their hybrid cars. The EPA uses emissions to take a wild
> guess at the your vehicle's estimated fuel mileage, but in reality,
> you'll more likely only get 75 to 87 percent of that number.
>
> Dak content: I guess I should really celebrate getting 19 MPG on the
> highway now, instead of saying "well it's about time I saw the sticker
> mileage on this thing."

Once again. There are many factors with mileage. And a big factor with
those hybrids is the weather they operate in. If it's cold, the engine runs
more often to generate heat for the cabin. So if yer in OH during the
winter in a hybrid, you arent going to see good mileage.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota