Re: Re: Hehehe...I'm BAAAAKCK

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 11:00:18 EDT

DaPurpleRT wrote:
> Why aren't their any honest, knowledgeable shops any more?!?!?
>
> -Ryan

There just aren't. Back when I was still messing with Jeeps, I had an old
360 rebuilt, and it put a rod through the pan 4 miles from the shop, They
ended up rebuilding that damn thing 2 more times after that, and it barely
ran 1000 miles before it died for the last time. Unfortunately, the shop
was out of business by then (I was one of their last customers, but didn't
know it) and no other shop in town wanted anything to do with my Jeep
after that. I couldn't even find a shop to install a junkyard motor. I
ended up doing the motor myself in my front yard, with a come-along and a
tree. The neighbors loved that.

A buddy of mine runs a shop, and he has this sign posted:
"Cheap, Fast or correct, pick any two."

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com