RE: Loudness: 6 vs 8

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 07:31:58 EDT

Yes...they are - oddfire design plus smaller displacement. I've run my '97
V6 without the cat and just a Flowmaster 70-Series and it still sounded like
a top fuel dragster at WOT.

I'm now running a 30" MagnaFlow TurboXL muffler without the cat and it's
quiet until about 3000rpm (resonance) and then gets quiet again...unless I'm
at WOT (but it's still quieter than a Flowmaster.

- Bernd