Magnaflow 3-chamber muffler

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 15:09:55 EDT

Has anyone tried the Magnaflow XL 3-chamber muffler on a 5.2L? I guess they
call it a turbo, but from the cutaway, it doesn't look like a true turbo
muffler. I wonder how it performs and sounds versus a Flowmaster 50. I let
my muffler shop talk me into removing the Flowmaster and installing an IMCO
large body chamber muffler and I hate it. It is way too loud. I have a 3"
single in with dual 2.5" straight out behind the bumper. I want something a
little less harsh. We tried a Magnaflow XL large body straight through. It
didn't sound bad, but was still too loud for my taste. Just wondering about
the 3-chamber. Also thinking about a DynoMax Super T, but the muffler shop
guy said it would be too loud for me too. Anyone got any suggestions?