re:Magnaflow 3-chamber muffler

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 09:07:56 EDT

>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:09:55 -0600
>From: "BlackDak93" <stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net>
>Subject: DML: Magnaflow 3-chamber muffler
>
>Has anyone tried the Magnaflow XL 3-chamber muffler on a 5.2L? I guess
they
>call it a turbo, but from the cutaway, it doesn't look like a true turbo
>muffler. I wonder how it performs and sounds versus a Flowmaster 50. I let
>my muffler shop talk me into removing the Flowmaster and installing an
IMCO
>large body chamber muffler and I hate it. It is way too loud. I have a 3"
>single in with dual 2.5" straight out behind the bumper. I want something
>little less harsh. We tried a Magnaflow XL large body straight through. It
>didn't sound bad, but was still too loud for my taste. Just wondering
about
>the 3-chamber. Also thinking about a DynoMax Super T, but the muffler shop
>guy said it would be too loud for me too. Anyone got any suggestions?

try the flowmaster 70 - The 50 was too loud for me, real loud when towing.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,K&N
dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Jacobs ign(disabled),MSD
8mm
wires,Tow pkg,207rwhp,285rwtq - 276000 miles on truck.. 41,000 miles on
used engine