French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 01:43:31 EDT

>Jason Wrote:
>
>Nah... Ram 2500 CTD. Convert it to run on french fry grease :-).
>(end snip)

LOL don't laugh it works! Guy that comes into the store at work drives
a 1996 F-250 Powerchoak, he converted it to run on fast food waste
cooking oil. He bought a couple heater cores, piped engine coolant into
a tank he put in the bed of the truck, to warm the cooling oil for
better combustion. The oil is filtered and clarified, piped into his
fuel intake and it starts and runs like it runs on regular diesel fuel.
  WIth the one side effect that the truck emits a strong oder of french
fries LOL. He said he gets the same MPG, and it only smokes a little at
idle - he figures the combustion temp isnt high enough at idle to burn
it totally. He gets the stuff FREE from local burger joints. He said
its a good deal - they normally have to pay to have the used oil hauled
away. Now they get rid of it for free and he gets free fuel. As I
understand it - I think he can switch over to diesel if he wanted by way
of his original fuel tanks and lines. I'll ask him about that next time
I see him.

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (61) Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/