RE: Today's gas prices

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 07:41:44 EDT

Add to that the economy in China is booming and that their oil consumption
is up by 33% in the last year alone, demand is way up on the world market.
We have not built a new refinery in the US since 1976. We had twice the
capacity for refining in 1976 that we do now and yet our demand is also
twice what it was then and thus you have a shortage of gasoline along with
world supply and demand. Anwar, we miss you...

Rascal