Re: Code P0442

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 23:36:49 EDT

Usually so, but it indicates a medium leak in the EVAP system. A hole or
crack equal to ~1/4mm. If this is on the Liberty (from your sig) also check
the center evap hose going to the charcoal can (just forward of the gas
tank), I have seen these fail in particular. Look for cracks around the
hose ends, running longitudinally along the hose.

-JonSmith

Is this the gas cap code. I can't remember? If not, what's it for?

Jon Slavic
2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus, 4x4, 4.7L, CC, Intense Blue
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited, 4x4, 3.7L, Bright Silver