Re: Today's gas prices

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 15:13:56 EDT

On May 20, 2004, at 12:59 PM, andy levy wrote:

> Jon wrote:
>
>> Andy,
>> There's nothing on VW's website about lease options, but given the
>> trends
>> running in leases today, my calculations put you at right about $210
>> a month
>> (for 48 months) for a base-model TDI, with $2500 down.
>> -Jon
>
> Yeah, I already tried VW.com and got nowhere. Guess I'd need to talk
> to a dealer. The real trouble with a lease is that I'll be putting on
> severe mileage (500/week).
>
> How big of a fuel tank does a Golf TDI have? And it gets about 45
> MPG, right?

Won't find a lease to cover the 500mi a week. I Golf TDI will get 45
mpg around town as long as it's a stick and only when it gets broken
in. Takes about 13,000 to 16,000 miles to get broken in. Until then
you'll only see about 42 mpg. I have a jetta and the wife has had two
new beetle tdi's. the tank is a 16 gal I think and you can get every
drop out of it by venting during fill -up. My Jetta is an auto and i
only get 38 mpg around town but both get in the mid 60's on the highway
Remember that is on flat ground in the south. Probably low 60's in the
hilly north. You got the Liberty coming with the diesel in it but that
will probably cost a bit.

Jeff Durling