Re: French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 23:28:47 EDT

Jon N. Benignus wrote:

>Ahem..companies ARE people.

Nope. The law recognizes the distinct difference between corporate
entities and the individuals they employ. If your truck falls apart and
causes you to get in an accident, you can sue Daimler Chrysler, but you
can't sue the engineer who designed the faulty part. (Rest assured,
however, that said engineer will be fired by the corporation, very
quietly and discreetly.)

Companies aren't humans, they just use humans to do their bidding.
Corporations are faceless, soulless conglomerations. Granted, many of
the people who make up corporations are equally soulless and evil, but
that doesn't make the corporations human.

In my (highly biased) opinion, when the suits set their personal
feelings aside and act "in the interests of the company" they cease to
be human anyway. Personally, I never trust anyone wearing a tie. I
think they cut off the circulation to the brain. No offense to anyone
who has to wear a tie as part of their job, I just find it's safer not
to trust tie wearers as a general policy.