RE: BBQ - progress is being made!

From: Norah Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 20:33:11 EDT

***snip****

> is why I don't travel with any animal, expecially a cat. It doesn't even
> matter if it's in a cage, it's still not gonna happen. So, that's my cat
> story.
>
> --
> - Josh
> Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L
> www.geocities.com/lenny187/dakota.html
> www.omg-stfu.com

I understand... believe me. We did that once and ONLY ONCE. Pierre made
the trip from Salt Lake to Toronto with no cage, lots of drugs, the worst
heat of the summer, and no air conditioning. I spent a lot of time in the
passenger seat spritzing water into the cat's mouth to keep him hydrated.
Too bad I forgot about keeping myself hydrated at the same time. We almost
made it home when we hit a freak hail storm and his tranqs were wearing off.
Well... um... the cat ripped Jason's shirt and dug his claws into his
shoulder trying to climb onto the headliner. Not good. It was a pretty
strong hailstorm but luckily Jason's Dak didn't suffer much. Now all cats
have their own private cage. Just stack 'em and rack 'em. They are very
vocal, but then you just turn the radio up louder to drown them out. Sooner
or later they give up and fall asleep if it's a long trip. I'd never
transport cats without a cage again. NEVER!!!!! :-)

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
(Enterprise)
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)
ours: '96 Dakota - Golden Retriever