Re: French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 00:33:11 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: DML: French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

> On 5/20/2004 10:34 PM, Jon N. Benignus wrote:
> | on 5/20/04 8:18 PM, andy levy at andy-dml@levyclan.us wrote:
> |
> |>A company is made up of people, but it is not a person.
> |
> | But the company reflects the ideals of the people who run it.
> Therefore, one
> | must look at it as being human.
>
> Only to a degree. In the case of companies that are publicly traded,
> management must (by law) act in the best interests of the shareholders,
> not the employees, and not the business. That may very well conflict
> with the ideals of the people who run the company, especially if those
> people haven't been fully brainwashed by The System yet.
>
> - --
> - -andy
>
> http://home.rochester.rr.com/alevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us
> - --------------------------------------------
> "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine"
> -Bob Tom
I never heard anything like that.. I thought that was why the shareholders
vote on major decisions. The best interests of the business are the best
interests of the shareholders. If management is cuttign the business's
throat (so to speak) by literally destroying the staff and the remaining
staffs morale; that makes short term paper look good.. Which of you're a
shareholder, would only be good if you were getting ready to sell out. If
the company prospers, the shareholders prosper.
Aaron Wyse