Re: X-pipes

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 12:06:38 EDT

""Pindell, Timothy"" <TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU> wrote in message

> Fellas:
> Are x-pipes a legitimate performance product, or simply a place to put
the
> 02 sensor on a dual system? Magnaflow has a SS 3" x-pipe for about $80. I
> defer to the wisdom of the list.
>
> Tim

The x or h pipes are definately a legitimate performance product. I had a
nice bassini x pipe on my last vehicle that was heads above an h pipe or
seperate tubes that didn't connect. You'll get better scavenging and
pressure equalization with the x. If you're going to redo the whole exhaust
and you've got the real estate for the x, go for it, you won't be sorry.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L